What are your hobbies?
- Kayaking. I have a tandem (2-seater) and take it out on Lake Erie and estuaries in northern Ohio frequently, especially at sunset. It’s splendidly peaceful and good upper body exercise.
- Trees. Pruning, staring at them ( sorta like staring at goats 🙂 ), planting and when they die off chopping firewood,. My yard has a variety of trees and I enjoy them immensely.
- Yoga. Has been one of the best things ever for my life mentally and physically. There is a saying that “you’re as young as your spine is flexible.” There is truth to that.
- Camping and hiking. So many awesome places I’ve visited between the Pacific Northwest, Maine and the Smoky Mountains I can’t name a favorite location. Being in touch with nature is an important part of my life.
- Dogs, love them and plan to get another one someday. They really are man’s best friend. Right now I miss my fuzzy cockapoo.
- Music festivals. Once in awhile it’s fun to challenge yourself to do something crazy and at the same time enjoy music you’ve never heard of. See list below of music I like, half of those groups I discovered at festivals.
- Photography. I used to be a real life photojournalist, for now I just make it a hobby.
What are your favorite podcasts?
Without a doubt the No Agenda Show. No Agenda is a podcast hosted by Adam Curry and John Dvorak. The show is primarily focused on mainstream media deconstruction. They challenge the mainstream media, are very well read and also very funny. Also just started listening to the Yoga is Dead podcast. These two well informed women discuss various issues with the yoga business and culture.
Who would you want to play you in the movie of your life?
What are you reading?
Dune and Philosophy, it was a Christmas gift. All the Dune novels by Frank Herbert are Fabulous and great reading.
What are you listening to?
- Thievery Corporation
- Parov Stelar
- Big Gigantic
- Stéphane Pompougnac – Hôtel Costes Volume 5